Please see link below for latest update on Tropical Storm Isaias.
• Tropical storm warnings are now hurricane warnings with some slight strengthening expected before landfall.
• Tropical force winds are expected across our area later this evening into early Tuesday morning.
• Potential sustained winds are expected to be 50-60 mph near the coast. Peak wind gusts of 60-80 mph are also expected in our area. Any slight changes to the track can impact the winds we receive. The potential for the highest sustained winds is for the coastal areas.
• Life-threatening storm surge is possible along the immediate coast especially south of Cape Fear. Potential storm surge inundation of 3-5 ft from Cape Fear southward along the northeast SC coast is perdicted. These are peak above ground values if the peak surge occurs at the time of high tide. The best chance of this occurring is south of Cape Fear.
• Impacts from wind, flood rains and tornadoes are also expected. Life-threatening rip currents are expected through midweek
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2020
Hurricane Isaias Update 8-1-2020 (8am)
Please see link below for latest briefing on Hurricane Isaias.
Hurricane Isaias (pronounced “ees-ah-EE-ahs”)
Briefing for northeast South Carolina and southeast North Carolina
What has changed:
- Slower arrival of impacts
- Include potential peak wave heights, sustained wind, and wind gust graphics.
7:00 AM EDT Saturday August 1, 2020
Prepared by: WFO Wilmington, NC
Next Briefing: Saturday August 1, Noon EDT
Disclaimer: The information contained within is time-sensitive. Do not use after Noon Saturday Aug 1, 2020