Island Hopper Bicycles – Brunswick County’s Premier Bike Shop
Island Hoppers has more than 100 different styles of bicycles in stock including road bikes, beach cruisers, community townie bikes, recumbent bicycles and adult tricycles. The folks at Island Hoppers can repair any kind of bicycle and do the repairs in 24 hours. Road bike group rides are in session and bicycle rentals are available.
Beach Cruisers | Road Bike Group Rides | Recumbent Bikes | Road Bikes | Adult Trikes
Bike Shopping Basics
No need to be intimidated when shopping for a new bike. Sure, the choices are enough to leave your head spinning. But if you follow a few basic steps, bike shopping can be almost as fun as that first Saturday-morning ride.
1. Decide what type of riding you’ll be doing and on which surfaces.
2. Study the various categories and brands of bicycles. Check out magazines and web sites and talk to friends or co-workers who are cycling enthusiasts.
3. Decide how much you want to spend on your new bike and include a helmet and accessories into your budget.
4. Choose a frame and components that you think will fit your needs.
5. Visit a few stores. Look for salespeople who’ll spend some time answering your questions and making suggestions.
6. Ask to be measured for proper bike size. Fit is extremely important.
7. Take a test ride.
8. Develop a relationship with the shop. Get to know the service staff that’ll be helping you when you return for tune-ups and repairs.
Repairs with free estimates
Island Hopper repair work comes with a thirty (30) day guarantee!
We will give you a repair cost estimate before you leave your bicycle with us for service. We will repair any make bicycle on the market.
Island Hoppers Bicycle Company
7161 Beach Dr Sunset Beach, NC 28468
Highway 179 Between Ocean Isle Beach NC & Sunset Beach NC
910.579.1766 Email: [email protected]